Saturday 28 June 2014

Inspiring Inkin Annual Catalogue 2014-2015 Launch Blog Hop

Welcome to my very first blog hop!  I hope you are all enjoying the blogs and picking up some lovely ideas for your crafting projects. 
 
The project I made for the new catalogue launch was a 6" x 6" notebook, treats box and card - all matching.  I designed this with the end of the school year in mind to give to my son's teacher when he left her class.

The notebook I made by covering a 6" square coaster board with a 7" square of lullaby designer series paper, before overlapping it onto the back and covering with coastal cabana cardstock to hide the edges.  I then cut 6" squares of coastal cabana and baked brown sugar cardstock for the file tabs sheet, which I cut out using the new file tabs die.  The 15 white pages were originally 6" squares that I cut down to fit behind the file tabs sheets.  I scored these (and the file tabs sheets) at 1" so that the pages could be opened.  (I learnt this the hard way!).  I stuck it all together up to the score line and added a spine to make it look more like a book, before using the new work of art stamp set to stamp the greeting.  I cut this out using the decorative label punch and sponge daubered the edges to blend them in, before adding to the front with dimensionals.  I then added some flowers punched from the Itty Bitty accents punch set and the pearls.


The card was a little easier and was simply a case of sticking it all on really.  The greeting was stamped, punched and attached in the same way as the notebook.

 
The chocolate treats box was made by making a basic box base from coastal cabana and decorated using baked brown sugar cardstock and lullaby designer series paper. I used a sheet of window sheet as the lid so that you could see what was inside, and finished it off with a piece of coastal cabana thick baker's twine.
 
A lovely gift I think!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment